Image Map

2013/02/24

♡ The Summer I Turned Pretty quotes

Bron achtergrond: We Heart It

Wat een mooi boek, het heeft me geraakt. Van begin tot het einde hield het me in bedwang, elke keer weer een onverwachte wending. Het boek was perfect van het begin tot het einde. Alles viel op zijn plaats. Maar dat is niet het enige, het boek had een paar hele mooie quotes, ik heb er een paar op een rijtjes gezet. Lees lekker mee met mijn favoriete quotes uit The Summer I Turned Pretty van Jenny Han.


“Moments, when lost, can't be found again. They're just gone.”

“It's the imperfections that make things beautiful” 

“Would you rather live one perfect day over and over or live your life with no perfect days but just decent ones?”

“Things couldn't stay the same forever.”

“For me, it was almost like winter didn't count. Summer was what mattered. My whole life was measured in summers. Like I don't really begin living until June, until I'm at that beach, in that house” 

“I wondered if this was the way old crushes died, with a whimper, slowly, and then, just like that—gone.” 

“It was a summer I would never, ever forget. It was the summer everything began. It was the summer I turned pretty. Because for the first time, I felt it. Pretty, I mean. Every summer up to this one, I believed it’d be different. Life would be different. And that summer, it finally was.” 
“I say, " I can't believe you're really here."
He sounds almost shy when he says, "Me neither." And then he hesitates. "Are you still coming with me?"
I cant believe he even has to ask. I would go anywhere. "Yes," I tell him. It feels like nothing else exists outside of that word, this moment. There's just us. Everything that happened this past summer and every summer before it, has all led up to this. To now."

“It’s hard to throw away history. It was like you were throwing away a part of yourself.” 

“I loved the feeling of talking and having somebody really listen to what I have to say. It was like a high or something.” 

- Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty

Vind jij het boek nu net zo mooi als ik dan kun je het boek hier bestellen.

Liefs,
Melanie


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Alvast héél erg bedankt voor de lieve reacties. Ze zijn altijd welkom!